Who can participate?
Friendship groups can consist of councils, groups and individual community members, or represent a school, a church or even a handicraft association.
How to start
- Be part of/ create a group and invite different actors in the community to join you
- Obtain material and information from Friendship North/South
- Map your local community and its links to the South/North
- Establish links with a group in the South/North. Do not rush it!
- Present your group and local community in a letter of introduction.
The road ahead
- Decide on mutual statutes for your collaboration and exchange visits.
- Think about the benefits and pitfalls of exchange visits; do you need a distinct set of rules for travelling and visits?
- The theme for your co-operation; sit down together and discuss your educational or thematic collaboration.
- Apply for financial support
- Establish links with a group in the South. Do not rush it!
Below is a list of links that will be of help to you in this process.